时时彩平台推荐网站送彩金Have you ever stopped and thought about the quality of your writing? Are you sure it’s considered to be good writing? Are you getting the right message across, or are your readers confused as to what you’re trying to accomplish?
1. Express, not impress.
Good writing is not about the number of words you’ve produced, the quality of the adjectives you’ve written or the size of your font–it’s about the number of lives you’ve touched! It’s whether or not your reader understands you. It’s about expression, not impression.
2. Simple sentences work best.
- The only possible option in order to accelerate the growth of the food industry is to focus on the fact that the target market of this business demands convenience, competence and cost-effectiveness.
- Better: The food industry can grow faster if food trucks focus on convenience, competence and cost-effectiveness.
3. Active, rather than passive.
- The offering price was established by the real estate vendor and the negotiation process was initiated by the real estate buyer.
时时彩平台推荐网站送彩金- Better: The real estate vendor set the offering price, and the real estate buyer started negotiating.
时时彩平台推荐网站送彩金4. Know who your target audience is.
Who are you writing for? Who do you expect to read your article, your book, or your blog post? Will they care about what you’re talking about? Will they understand the message that you’re trying to get across? Good writing isn’t generic; it’s specific because it’s targeted towards a group of people with something common binding them.
5. Read it aloud.
Reading your works out loud allows you to notice something that you might not have noticed if you were just reading it silently. Go on, read them out loud now. Also, try to listen to your work objectively as you read it. Are you making sense? Or are you simply stringing a couple of words together just to fill a gap?
6. Avoid using jargon as much as possible.
时时彩平台推荐网站送彩金Not everyone in your audience will know what a “bull market” is. Not everyone knows that “pyrexia” is basically the same thing as “a fever”. And surely you can come up with a better term for high blood pressure than “hypertension”?
时时彩平台推荐网站送彩金7. In terms of words, size matters.
时时彩平台推荐网站送彩金Please, don’t strain yourself by browsing the Internet, looking for complicated and fancy-sounding words. Less is always more.
- The man gave me a look so sharp that I sincerely believed it could pierce my heart and see my innermost fears.
时时彩平台推荐网站送彩金- Better: The man glared at me.
8. Being positive is better than being negative–even in writing!
时时彩平台推荐网站送彩金- I did not think that the unbelievable would not occur.
- Better: I thought the unbelievable would happen.
9. Set aside time for revising and rewriting–after you’ve written the whole content.
I’m not suggesting that you should edit each time you’ve finished a paragraph–that would just be tedious. What I’m telling is that you should first give yourself some time to finish the content prior to editing. Write away. Don’t edit yet. Don’t focus on the grammar yet. Don’t worry about the syntax, the synonym, the antonym or the order that you’re using.